Time in Korea is 9 hours earlier than Greenwich Mean Time and there are no daylight savings. If you want to know the time in Korea now, please [click here]
The average temperature of April in Korea is 12°C to 18°C, a comfortable spring month. It is usually full of warm breeze, mostly clear or partly cloudy weather. For more detailed information about weather, please [click here]
- Government office: 09:00 - 18:00 on weekdays, Closed on weekends
- Banks: 09:30 - 16:00 on weekdays, Closed on weekends
- Department Stores: 10:30 - 20:00, Everyday
- Convenience Stores: 24hours open, Everyday
※ Some facilities may change their business hours depending on the COVID-19 situation, so please check before visiting.
Visa, and Master Card are accepted at almost all retail outlets, but Diners Club and American Express may only be accepted at major hotels, shops and restaurants. Check with your credit card company for details on merchant acceptance and other available services.
Currency & Exchange
The South Korean Won is the official currency of South Korea.
- Currency Exchange : Major foreign currencies that can be exchanged at banks, hotels, and the airport.
- Bank hours : 09:00~16:00, Monday to Friday
※The business hours of several banks may be shortened due to the COVID-19, so please check before visiting.
Korea uses 220v as the standard voltage and the standard frequency is 60 Hz. The plug uses two round pins and the same shape used in many European, South American and Asian countries. If you don’t have one, you can buy one at a duty-free shop or convenience store at Incheon International Airport.
VAT & Tipping
- Tip: Tipping is not regularly practiced in Korea. A 10% service charge will be included often to your bill at upscale restaurants and hotels. It is also not necessary to tip a taxi driver unless he assists you with luggage or provides an extra service.
- Tax: Foreign visitors can receive the tax refunds when they buy goods including tax. Tax refunds can be received immediately when visitors buy items at certified Tax Free Stores up to 30,000 KRW. Visitors can receive also by submitting the applicable receipts at the custom clearance desk when leaving the country.
An alien who intends to enter the Republic of Korea must have a visa as a basic requirement for an entry permit, in principle. However, aliens in a certain range of countries, such as nationals of a country that has entered into a visa exemption agreement with the Republic of Korea, may enter the Republic of Korea without a visa. for more Information, please [click here].
Emergency & Useful Numbers
- Police : 112- Lost and Found : 182- Fire department : 119- Medical Emergency : 1339- First Aid Service : 129
- 1330: Tourist Information- 02-120: Seoul Call Center- 02-114: Local Telephone Directory